Here at Stag Pack, we know your wedding is a big deal and there is so much you need to remember for your special day. Below is a brief timeline outlining the numerous tasks you need to accomplish and check off your list before your wedding.
12 months before:
• Discuss budget with your partner and all parents
• Figure out where you're going to have your ceremony and reception and pick out a wedding date
• Choose your Best Man, Groomsmen and Ushers
• Get engagement photos taken
• Create a wedding website for your guests to find out details about the ceremony, reception etc.
• Make your guest list
• Confirm addresses and mail out your Save the Dates
• Book all the talent (music, marriage officiant, photographer, etc)
• Choose your wedding colors to use as your color palate
• Book the honeymoon
• Arrange transportation to and from ceremony (limo, town car, bus. etc.)
• Plan rehearsal dinner
• Create a wedding website and arrange a gift registry
• Choose your menu and dessert and schedule tastings
• Select a venue for your rehearsal dinner
• Reserve a block of hotel rooms for your out-of-town guests
• Send out guest invitations
• Decide if you are buying/buy groomsmen outfits and purchase them
• Measure fingers and order wedding rings
• Decide who will be doing a reading and what it will be (poem, scriptures, etc.)
• Create a chart or spreadsheet for your seating arrangements
• Finalize menu for reception (cocktails, appetizers, dinner, dessert, late night)
6 to 8 weeks before:
• Buy your bride and groomsmen wedding gifts
• Pick up your wedding rings
• Bachelor party time!
• Follow up with guests who have not RSVP’d
• Lay out wedding program and get it printed
• Make welcome baskets for your out of town guests
• Finalize seating arrangements
2 weeks before:
• Get your marriage license
• Give final count to caterer
• Adjust insurance policies, bank accounts, utilities, etc.
• Send your formal wear to a tailor for alterations
• Send playlists to DJ/band
• Break in your wedding shoes!
1 week before - you are so close!:
• Start packing your honeymoon bags and confirm with your accommodations
• Come up with a speech for the reception
• Provide your readers with their scripts and ask them to read over
• Give groomsmen the rehearsal dinner low down and make sure they get their haircut
• Write and practice your vows
• Finalize payments for vendors and bring cash to tip service
• Write an “I love you” note to your bride for her to find on the morning of your wedding day
• Deliver welcome baskets to your guests staying overnight
• Enjoy the rehearsal dinner
• Go to bed at a decent hour!
• Lay out your suit and make sure it isn’t wrinkled!
• You have planned so much the past year for your wedding - have fun on your special day!
Day after and beyond:
• Return the tuxedos
• Open your gifts
• Host a brunch for out of town family and guests
• Write thank you cards
• Enjoy being married!
At Stag Pack, we know that planning an event is hard enough, let alone having to come up with memorable gifts or prizes to hand out. Our different sized packs can be the perfect, personalized gifts for your groomsmen. Contact us today - it couldn’t be any easier! https:// stagpack.com/
Visit the following websites for more information: https://www.theknot.com/content/12-month-groom-checklist https://lover.ly/planning/news-tips/wedding-101/wedding-timeline-for-grooms/